REGULATIONS OF THE VI INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF PAINTING OF GUAYAQUIL “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN”
The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, invites national and foreign artists to participate in the VI International Painting Biennial of Guayaquil “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN” to be held from April 26 to May 28, 2018, as a contribution from the institution , to artists to Art and to world culture.
1. The Biennial has the water.
2. The VI Biennial is mainly aimed at the young painters of the world, although all theplastic artists can participate.
3. It will regulate the effect of the following regulations:
4. All national and foreign artists can participate.
5. The technique to be used will be Oil, Acrylic on canvas, the format should not exceed 1.50 x1.50 and with a Minimum of 0.80 x 0.80.
6. Only 1 work will be accepted per artist.
7. The rights over the awarded works will be transferred to the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum
8. The works must be accompanied by the author’s basic information, photographs of him and of the worksparticipants for advertising, press and Museum Archive, and will be received until 7:00 pm on Friday, April 13, 2018. They can also be delivered directly to the Museum’s administration offices located at P. Icaza 302 and Cordova (Esq.) Edif. Seguros Cóndor 1st Floor, Guayaquil to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada Deputy Director of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
9. The artists will deliver a work properly framed and ready for exhibition in the museum offices.
10. The cost of packaging and transportation roundtrip of the works will be borne by the participating artist.
11. The works from abroad, whose author wants to send, must be done by a specialized mail and cargo transport company such as DHL, FEDEX, UPS, or its similar to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada or Mr. Pablo Martinez Rojas until Tuesday, March 20, 2018. With the instructions for its return, in case of not winning any of the acquisition prizes stipulated in article 12 of this regulation.
12. We will not accept express, or national mail. The works must also come without price and declared worthless, since they come for a competition. Works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be accepted. The Museum Luis A. Noboa Naranjo, is not responsible for damage suffered by the works during transport and exhibition, but will put all means at your disposal for your best care.
13. The following Acquisition prizes will be awarded:1st Grand Prize Acquisition “Álvaro Noboa” 10,000 US dollars 2nd Prize Acquisition 3,000 US dollars
14. The prizes are indivisible and the awarded works will become part of the Museum’s collection.
15. The prizes will be given to the winning artists on the day of the inauguration, after reading the verdict.
16. The jury will be made up of renowned artists and / or art critics and will be the same for admission as for the awarding of works.
17. The decision of the jury will be unappealable and the participating artists at the moment of registering their works will accept in all its parts this regulation.
18. Each artist must withdraw the works, once the VI Biennial is concluded, in the Museum’s offices showing the document that was given to him upon receiving the work.
19. The works not admitted must be withdrawn within 30 days of the inauguration and those that are admitted in accordance with the provisions of numeral 5 of these regulations, within 15 days of the closure, in the offices of the Museum.
20. Any unforeseen event will be resolved by the Museum Director.
Ab. Pablo Martínez Rojas
Director of the Museum