Third Alvaro Noboa Biennial of Painting Regulations
Alvaro Noboa Pontón invites all painters of the visual arts from the five continents to participate in the III Biennial.
1. All local and foreign artists can participate.
2. Oil or acrylic on canvas will be the medium utilized to highlight “The Elements of Nature” Format must not exceed 1.50m x 1.50m nor be less than 0.80cm x 0.60cm .
3. Rights over award winning paintings will belong to the Luis Noboa Naranjo Museum.
4. Paintings should be sent with author`s basic facts, photographs of himself and of paintings participating for advertising and journalistic purposes and can be sent until 7pm on the 5th of March of 2012 . They can also be delivered directly to Miss. Frida Idrobo , Museum administrator at the Museum`s main office located on the corner of P. Icaza 302 and Cordova on the 1st floor of the Seguros Condor Insurance Building .
5. All artists will deliver a maximum of two paintings, duly framed and ready to be shown .
6. Packing and transportation costs, both ways for all works, will be the participating artist`s responsibility.
7. We will not accept express or national mailing services only paintings which arrive directly to the museum`s offices. All works should arrive without a price tag and should be submitted as having no monetary value since they are there to compete. Paintings which fail to conform to these regulations will not be accepted. The Museum will not take responsibility for whatever damages these works sustain during transportation and exhibition, although all efforts will be made to care for them.
8. The following Acquisition Awards will be given out :
1st “Alvaro Noboa” Acquisition grand prize $10.000 dollars.
2nd Acquisition Prize: $5.000 dollars and, 5 revelation Prizes for the Biennial (Acquisition) of $1.000 dollars for each one.
9. Prizes are indivisible and awarded works will become part of the museum’s collection.
10. Prizes will be delivered to the winning artists on inaugural day , before reading out the veridict .
11. The jury will be conformed by renowned painters and / or art critics .The same is true for painting admission as for awarding prizes.
12. The Jury`s decision is final and all participating artists will accept regulations stipulated on inscribing their paintings .
13. Each artist shall remove his paintings, from the Museum`s offices once the III Biennial concludes by showing that document he received on delivering his work.
14. Works not admitted must be removed during the 30 days following the inauguration and those admitted , according to stipulations put forth on point 13 of the present regulations that is , 15 days subsequent to closure of the event , in the Museum`s offices. Otherwise , those works not removed will become patrimonial asset to the Museum .
15. Any unforeseen event will be resolved by the Museum`s Director.
Guayaquil, 25 de September 2011
Ab. Pablo Martínez Rojas
Director of the Museum