The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum invites the public to the press conference to be held in the facilities of the institution, on April 14 of this year at 7 pm, where will take place the presentation of the Members of the Jury and the Poetry Contest, the Curator of the Biennale, the models who wear costumes representing Women of the Bible, designed by María del Mar Proaño. The conference call will be attended by the Philanthropist Álvaro Noboa, who is President and Founder of the museum.
This IV Bienal is mainly aimed at young painters in the world, although all artists can participate. It will apply to the effect the following rules:
1. All national and foreign artists may participate.
2. The technique used is the Oil, Acrylic on canvas, with the theme ” THE BIBLE” , the format should not exceed 1.50 x 1.50 and a minimum of 0.80 x 0.80.
3. The rights of the winning works pass into the possession of The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
4 . The works must be accompanied with the basic facts of the author, personal photos and participating works photographs for advertising, publicity and Museum Archive , and they may be sent until Tuesday April 15th, 2014 , at 19.00 . They can also be directly delivered to the Museum administration offices located at P.Icaza 302 y Córdova ( Esq ) Edif. Seguros Condor 1er piso, Guayaquil, to Ms. Frida Idrovo Administrator of The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum .
5 . The artists will deliver to the Museum offices a properly framed work and ready for display.
6. The cost of packing and transportation of the works shall be borne by the participating artist. Authors who want to send their works from abroad or from another city of Ecuador, must deliver their works through a specialized cargo as DHL, FEDEX , UPS, or similar company . These works will be able to come without racks , rolled and into a tube, with instructions for its return, in case of not winning any prize, stipulated in Article 8 of this regulation. The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum is committed to provide the racks for display.
7. Express or National courier will not be accepted. Entries must also come without price and declared void, since they come to a competition. No works that do not meet the above requirements will be accepted. The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum is not responsible for damages that the works may suffer during transportation and display, but will do everything in its power for their best care .
8. The following acquisition prizes will be awarded : 1st Grand Prize Acquisition “Álvaro Noboa ” U.S. $ 10,000, the 2ndAcquisition Prize : U.S. $ 3,000 and 5 Acquisition Awards each. of U.S. $ 1,000.
9. The prizes are indivisible and the winning works will become part of the Museum’s collection .
10. Prizes will be awarded to the winning artists the opening day , after reading the verdict .
11. The jury will consist of renowned artists and / or art critics and will be the same for the admission and award of works.
12. The jury’s decision is final and artists when participants register their works accepted in all parts of this regulation.
13. Each artist must remove the works, at the end of the IV Biennial, at the Museum offices showing the given document to receive the work.
14. Works that were not admitted should be removed in the course of 30 days following the inauguration, and those that were admitted in accordance with the provisions of Section 13 of these rules, shall be removed in the course of 15 days following the closing at the Museum offices.
15. Any contingency will be resolved by the Director of the Museum.