Category Archives: Uncategorized
ESAI Business School, the Business School of the Espíritu Santo University (UEES), inaugurated its master class “Luis Noboa Naranjo” on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, during a cocktail held at its facilities.
This classroom, which will be the cradle of training for entrepreneurs from all over the world, bears his name in honor of Ecuador’s most important businessman in the 20th century, Luis Noboa Naranjo, founder of Industrial Molinera and Exportadora Bananera Noboa.
The Econ. Alberto Dahik Garzozi, Director of ESAI Business School, offered the words of welcome to those present, highlighting the importance of this act:
“This classroom will serve so that future entrepreneurs who are trained in ESAI have in mind the best employer that Ecuador has had and learn from their actions.” Isabel Noboa and Alvaro Noboa Pontón, sons of the honoree, gave the opening words of the classroom, recalling the qualities of his father and thanking the university for this recognition.
“My father was a man who left his mark on our country and I thank the UEES for keeping it in the memory of the young people.” The toast was in charge of Dr. Joaquin Hernandez Alvarado, Rector UEES and after the blessing of the room officiated by Richard Alarcón, parish priest of the institution, the cutting of the ribbon that officially opened the classroom was carried out.
The event was attended by family and friends of the honoree, as well as well-known politicians and businessmen from the sector. (I)
REGULATIONS OF THE VI INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF PAINTING OF GUAYAQUIL “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN”
The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, invites national and foreign artists to participate in the VI International Painting Biennial of Guayaquil “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN” to be held from April 26 to May 28, 2018, as a contribution from the institution , to artists to Art and to world culture.
1. The Biennial has the water.
2. The VI Biennial is mainly aimed at the young painters of the world, although all theplastic artists can participate.
3. It will regulate the effect of the following regulations:
4. All national and foreign artists can participate.
5. The technique to be used will be Oil, Acrylic on canvas, the format should not exceed 1.50 x1.50 and with a Minimum of 0.80 x 0.80.
6. Only 1 work will be accepted per artist.
7. The rights over the awarded works will be transferred to the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum
8. The works must be accompanied by the author’s basic information, photographs of him and of the worksparticipants for advertising, press and Museum Archive, and will be received until 7:00 pm on Friday, April 13, 2018. They can also be delivered directly to the Museum’s administration offices located at P. Icaza 302 and Cordova (Esq.) Edif. Seguros Cóndor 1st Floor, Guayaquil to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada Deputy Director of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
9. The artists will deliver a work properly framed and ready for exhibition in the museum offices.
10. The cost of packaging and transportation roundtrip of the works will be borne by the participating artist.
11. The works from abroad, whose author wants to send, must be done by a specialized mail and cargo transport company such as DHL, FEDEX, UPS, or its similar to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada or Mr. Pablo Martinez Rojas until Tuesday, March 20, 2018. With the instructions for its return, in case of not winning any of the acquisition prizes stipulated in article 12 of this regulation.
12. We will not accept express, or national mail. The works must also come without price and declared worthless, since they come for a competition. Works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be accepted. The Museum Luis A. Noboa Naranjo, is not responsible for damage suffered by the works during transport and exhibition, but will put all means at your disposal for your best care.
13. The following Acquisition prizes will be awarded:1st Grand Prize Acquisition “Álvaro Noboa” 10,000 US dollars 2nd Prize Acquisition 3,000 US dollars
14. The prizes are indivisible and the awarded works will become part of the Museum’s collection.
15. The prizes will be given to the winning artists on the day of the inauguration, after reading the verdict.
16. The jury will be made up of renowned artists and / or art critics and will be the same for admission as for the awarding of works.
17. The decision of the jury will be unappealable and the participating artists at the moment of registering their works will accept in all its parts this regulation.
18. Each artist must withdraw the works, once the VI Biennial is concluded, in the Museum’s offices showing the document that was given to him upon receiving the work.
19. The works not admitted must be withdrawn within 30 days of the inauguration and those that are admitted in accordance with the provisions of numeral 5 of these regulations, within 15 days of the closure, in the offices of the Museum.
20. Any unforeseen event will be resolved by the Museum Director.
Ab. Pablo Martínez Rojas
Director of the Museum
The luis noboa naranjo museum is delighted to invite you to the photographic exhibition of fotoclub guayaquil, to be held on thursday, september 14 at 7:00 pm, in p. icaza 302 y cordoba 1st floor, seguros cóndor building.
dress code (cocktail)
Pablo Martinez Rojas
250 artists participated in the II International Biennial of Photography of Guayaquil
“Alvaro Noboa Ponton”
On the night of Thursday, April 27, the opening of the II International Biennial of Photography of Guayaquil “Alvaro Noboa Ponton” was held at the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
The event, organized by the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum and sponsored by the Ecuadorian businessman and philanthropist Alvaro Noboa Ponton, and directed by the by FotoClub Guayaquil, featured the participation of 250 national and foreign artists from 24 countries on four continents (America, Africa, Asia and Europe).
Curator Javier Paz, president of FotoClub Guayaquil and five national and international judges, including Chantal Fontaine, Bruno Bacigalupo, Rodrigo Bermejo, Jorge Massuco and Ricardo Cauce, were in charge of the difficult task of selecting the best three photographs among a total of 100.
“Waiting for the miracle of faith” by Ecuadorian Roberto Martinez, “Momento decisivo” by Spanish Begonia Lozano, “Nuestro sustento diario” by Colombian Jorge Gutierrez, “De Nochistlán under the water” by Mexican Carlos Galindo, “Framing the Monalisa” by Argentine Rodrigo Rodriguez, “Starking work” by Ecuadorian Santiago Garcia, “Greece-United States” by American Taylor Olson, “Citizen of the street” by Ecuadorian Rolando Quishpe, “Thirst in the rain” by Ecuadorian Tania Chincay, “Iguana detail” by Robinson Chiquito” received mentions of honor.
“The II International Biennial of Photography of Guayaquil ‘Alvaro Noboa Ponton,’ is a statement that we are continually supporting art, culture, and education at national and international level; As a pioneer in the course of history, this event is becoming one of the most important in Latin America, we are proud of our collaboration with photography artists around the world,” said the Ecuadorian philanthropist Alvaro Noboa, director and founder of the Luis A. Noboa Museum, during his speech.”
Thursday September 17 took place the inauguration of the exhibition “Aspects of Human Figure” by Golett Orvieto, and “Oneiric Erotism” by Arturo Constante in the Luis Noboa Naranjo Museum, founded by businessman Alvaro Noboa.
“It is based on dreams, emotions but I resolve it in a plastic way,” said Arturo Constante about the name his collection, which has a Picassian hint.
Golett Orvieto defines his style as post Fauvism, and in his work he expresses the human figure in daily activities.
The event was attended by relatives and friends of the Guayaquil artists. The presentation was made by Mr. Pablo Martinez, director of the Museum.
The exhibition will be opened to the public until October 2nd.