Category Archives: Latest News
REGULATIONS OF THE VI INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF PAINTING OF GUAYAQUIL “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN”
The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, invites national and foreign artists to participate in the VI International Painting Biennial of Guayaquil “ÁLVARO NOBOA PONTÓN” to be held from April 26 to May 28, 2018, as a contribution from the institution , to artists to Art and to world culture.
1. The Biennial has the water.
2. The VI Biennial is mainly aimed at the young painters of the world, although all theplastic artists can participate.
3. It will regulate the effect of the following regulations:
4. All national and foreign artists can participate.
5. The technique to be used will be Oil, Acrylic on canvas, the format should not exceed 1.50 x1.50 and with a Minimum of 0.80 x 0.80.
6. Only 1 work will be accepted per artist.
7. The rights over the awarded works will be transferred to the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum
8. The works must be accompanied by the author’s basic information, photographs of him and of the worksparticipants for advertising, press and Museum Archive, and will be received until 7:00 pm on Friday, April 13, 2018. They can also be delivered directly to the Museum’s administration offices located at P. Icaza 302 and Cordova (Esq.) Edif. Seguros Cóndor 1st Floor, Guayaquil to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada Deputy Director of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
9. The artists will deliver a work properly framed and ready for exhibition in the museum offices.
10. The cost of packaging and transportation roundtrip of the works will be borne by the participating artist.
11. The works from abroad, whose author wants to send, must be done by a specialized mail and cargo transport company such as DHL, FEDEX, UPS, or its similar to Mrs. María Idrovo Quezada or Mr. Pablo Martinez Rojas until Tuesday, March 20, 2018. With the instructions for its return, in case of not winning any of the acquisition prizes stipulated in article 12 of this regulation.
12. We will not accept express, or national mail. The works must also come without price and declared worthless, since they come for a competition. Works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be accepted. The Museum Luis A. Noboa Naranjo, is not responsible for damage suffered by the works during transport and exhibition, but will put all means at your disposal for your best care.
13. The following Acquisition prizes will be awarded:1st Grand Prize Acquisition “Álvaro Noboa” 10,000 US dollars 2nd Prize Acquisition 3,000 US dollars
14. The prizes are indivisible and the awarded works will become part of the Museum’s collection.
15. The prizes will be given to the winning artists on the day of the inauguration, after reading the verdict.
16. The jury will be made up of renowned artists and / or art critics and will be the same for admission as for the awarding of works.
17. The decision of the jury will be unappealable and the participating artists at the moment of registering their works will accept in all its parts this regulation.
18. Each artist must withdraw the works, once the VI Biennial is concluded, in the Museum’s offices showing the document that was given to him upon receiving the work.
19. The works not admitted must be withdrawn within 30 days of the inauguration and those that are admitted in accordance with the provisions of numeral 5 of these regulations, within 15 days of the closure, in the offices of the Museum.
20. Any unforeseen event will be resolved by the Museum Director.
Ab. Pablo Martínez Rojas
Director of the Museum
Delivery of Diplomas and Catalogs to the winners and participants of the Fourth International Painting Biennial Alvaro Noboa
On Thursday, May 29, a month after awarding the winners of one of the most important artistic events of Ecuador, the International Painting Biennial Alvaro Noboa -named so for the Ecuadoran businessman and philanthropist who gave life to the art initiative-, director of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, Attorney Pablo Martinez, held a soiree in honor of those who took part in the event of fine arts, in which each participant was awarded a certificate of recognition and a wonderful catalog that includes all artwork involved.
Luis Noboa Naranjo Museum
has the pleasure of inviting you to the opening of the
Exhibition of Paintings
LA RÍA GUAYAS FOUNDATION
IN HONOR OF WOMEN’S DAY
PLACE: P.Icaza 302 and Córdova (Corner) Seguros Cóndor Building, first floor
DATE: March 6, 2013
TIME: 7.30 pm
Att. Pablo Martínez Rojas
The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum is pleased to invite you at the inauguration of the Painting Exhibition of Artist Napoleon Paredes
Napoleón Paredes (Quito, 1947)
The motley of his compositions is at certain moment, one of the most visible features of the work of Mr. Paredes, with a refined sense of composition and color. That mottling includes both architectural lines as well as zoomorphic and anthropomorphic figures, all treated with a technique that reveals a trade very developed, based on wise combinations of pigments. The Theme also results in still lives and figures and human groups that would seem inflated like stuffed dolls, whose connotation is the opinion of the spectador.
Alvaro Noboa’s Speech in the Painting Expo PORT At The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum
PABLO MARTINEZ: In the name of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, we give you the most cordial welcome. As you know, the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum created the “Álvaro Noboa” Biennale of Guayaquil.
The exhibition we have at the moment includes 33 artists, of which three were winners of the three Biennales that we have held here. Jimmy Lara, first Biennale; Juan Caguana, second Biennale; and René Bohórquez, the third Biennale. Besides that, there are José Luis Choez, Loor and Saidel Brito, second place winner of the second Biennale, as well as many other famous artists.
Álvaro Noboa always thanks me for being Director of the Museum, and for organizing these exhibitions. This time I have to thank him, however, because if it wasn’t for his unconditional support, the sponsorship that he gives to the art and culture of Ecuador, we would not have this exhibition.
Here with you, Álvaro Noboa.
The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, has the honor of invite you to the Opening of the Painting Expo PORT, at the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.