Category Archives: II Biennial
Alvaro Noboa Pontón invites all painters of the visual arts from the five continents to participate in the II Biennial of Painting of Guayaquil, the inauguration and prize giving of which will take place on April 28, 2010.
The intention is to strengthen friendships among peoples across the world and to celebrate their creative capacity.
To this effect, the following regulations will pertain:
1. Visual artists from the five continents are allowed to participate: America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and Africa.
2. Thematic proposals that make use of techniques within the genre of painting in its various expressions will be accepted.
3. The works should be original, well-executed and of museum-quality durability. Works previously exhibited to the public in other competitions, whether within Ecuador or abroad, will not be accepted.
4. Artists can submit up to two exhibit-ready works to the 2nd Biennial, which should be sent together with their frames or mounts, and will be between 50cm x 60 cm (minimum) and 160cm x 160 cm (maximum).
5. The artist shall submit, together with their work(s) a file containing their CV, a technical record of the work (Title, dimension, technique), an explicative text regarding the conceptual framework of the work and a print photograph of the work. They should also include a digital file on CD of the above information.
This material will serve as publicity materials, press information, catalogue entries and records.
All costs of packing and transport of the submitted works will be paid by the participating artist.
The Museum is not responsible for damage suffered by the works as a consequence of their transportation and/or exhibition, although all possible measures will be taken to ensure their best care. The works will be received by Ms. Laura Calderón Chambers and Frida Idrovo, Administrators of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum, until 6pm, Friday, March 26, 2010, in the museum offices located at P. Icaza 302 and Córdova (corner), Seguros Cóndor Building, 1st Floor, Guayaquil, Ecuador.
Works not accepted can be collected until May 14, 2010. After this date, the works will be declared abandoned, and will become part of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum collection.
Foreign artists participating in the II Biennial should do so via a public or private institution previously in contact with the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
Signing the Registration Form implies full acceptance of the competition’s regulations.
Awards for the II Alvaro Noboa Biennial of Painting, 2010
The jury will be composed of 5 members nominated by the organizers of the event, and will be the same for both the selection of works, as for the prize-giving.
The jury’s decision will be made known on the day of the inauguration of the II Biennial, Wednesday, April 28, 2010.
The jury will select a maximum of 50 works for exhibition, from which the 3 prize-winning works and 3 Honorable Mentions will be selected.
First Prize Acquisition: Twenty Thousand Dollars and Diploma
Second Prize: Ten Thousand Dollars and Diploma
Third Prize: Five Thousand Dollars and Diploma
Three Honorable Mentions
The jury’s decision is final and beyond appeal. The awards can not be declared void. Works awarded prizes will become part of the Museum’s collection.
The news about the Museum and other cultura projects promoted by Alvaro Noboa will be published by the media
Any unforeseen circumstance will be resolved by the Museum’s Director.
Pablo Martínez Rojas