The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum invites national and foreign artists to participate in the V International Biennial of Painting of Guayaquil “Alvaro Noboa” to be held from April 28 to May 28, 2016, as a contribution of the institution to artists, to art and world culture.
1. The Biennial is a tribute to woman and there are no theme restrictions.
2. The V Biennial is mainly aimed at young artists of the world, although all visual artists can participate.
3. the following rules will apply:
4. all domestic and foreign artists can participate.
5. The technique to be used is the oil, acrylic on canvas, free theme, the format shall not exceed 1.50 x 1.50 and a minimum of 0.80 x 0.80.
6. The rights over the winning works will belong to the Luis A. Noboa Museum
7. The works will have to be accompanied by basic information about the author, photographs of him/her for advertising, publicity and archive of the Museum, and shall be sent until Friday, 15 April 2016 at 19h00. Works can also be delivered directly to the administration offices of the Museum. Address: P. Icaza 302 y Cordova (Esq.) Edificio Seguros Condor 1er piso, Guayaquil, recipient: Ms. Frida Idrovo, Sub-Director of the Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum.
8. Artists shall deliver the work properly framed and ready for display to the museum offices.
9. Packaging costs and roundtrip transportation of the works shall be borne by the artists.
10. The works coming from abroad, shall be shipped through specialized mail and cargo companies such as DHL, Federal Express, UPS, or a similar company. With the instructions of its return, in the event of not winning any prizes stipulated down in clause 12 of this regulation.
11. We will not accept express mail. The works shall also come here without price and declared void, since they come for a competition. Works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be accepted. The Luis A. Noboa Naranjo Museum is not responsible for damages the works may suffer during transport and display, but it will do everything in its power for their care.
12. The following prizes will be awarded:
• 1st Acquisition Grand Prix “Alvaro Noboa” US $ 10,000
• 2nd Acquisition Prize US $ 3,000
13. The prizes are indivisible and winning works will become part of the museum’s collection.
14. Prizes will be awarded to the winning artists the opening day, after reading the verdict.
15. The jury will be composed of renowned artists and art critics and they will award the prizes.
16. The jury’s decision will be final and participants will accept these regulations when registering their works.
17. Each artist shall withdraw the works once the V Biennial has concluded, showing the document that was given during the registration.
18. Those works that are not admitted shall be withdrawn in the course of 30 days following the opening and those admitted in accordance with the provisions of clause 5 of this regulation, in the course of 15 days following the closing.
19. Any contingency will be resolved by the Director of the Museum.